I am a very shy person at first, but once you get to know me I'm a lot more open I think that is a bit of a negative trait because I have a hard time working with people out of my group of friends and just meeting new people in general. I am nice to most people except those who really really annoy me and you really have to push to annoy me, unless you are one of my siblings. But yeah I am pretty nice and that is a positive trait because well, if you are nice to people hopefully they will be nice to you...though that is only occasionally the case now. Another positive trait is that I am rather intelligent, you now good grades and all the things that correlate with that and that is positive because I want to go to college and get good grades and succeed. I am very lazy and tend to procrastinate on almost everything and this is negative because I only put the minimal effort into projects and such usually and I could receive better grades if I would be a little less lazy and spend more time on projects and papers and other school and not school related things. Another positive thing is that when writing things like short stories and things I can be rather creative which is good because I want to major in Creative Writing and become an Author.
I am pretty sure I have a rather low level of optimism about certain things. For some things, like grades for certain tests or assignments, I can get rather optimistic about the odds, but usually I project pessimism so that I do not let myself down. But about things like relationships with people I am totally and completely pessimistic. I always feel like people don't like me. I think the reason why I am so pessimistic is mainly because I feel as if I have low expectations for myself for certain things, I won't be so disappointed when it turns out I'm right. Howver if I am wrong and someting good happens I am usually more thrilled. But I am sure that the pessimism also holds me back because I am a little less adventurous for certain thing for fear that I am going to fail or get rejected.
I think that when I am with my friends, I can be rather outgoing, but when I am around other classmates, I am way less outgoing and more quiet and shy because I feel rather uncomfortable being outgoing around people who don't even know me. When it comes to very very important projects, I usually procrastinate less and focus on my paper or project becasue I know it is worth a lot of points and that if I slack off it will really effect my grades, which are important to me.
Sometimes when I get mad at something, such as a video game battle that I can't win, I will either kick something or throw the controller, but I have to be really mad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I agree with you about being pessimistic when I have a big test coming up. I always tell myself that I won't do good. I also get angry when I'm trying to win a game or finish a puzzle and I can't do it. Sometimes I throw things or kick stuff to try to make myself feel better. I try to be optimistic and do my best to keep high spirits so others can follow.
ReplyDelete