For the chapter 9 one thing that I learned about was overconfidence. The level of overconfidence a person has can affect some of the decisions they make. I am often overconfident about my Calculus homework and tests, because I have received no less than a 90% on all of my work so now, as pigheaded as it sound, don't really expect a grade lower than a 90% because I've been doing so well so far. Also I am overconfident about my reading abilities. I usually finsih books pretty quickly so I always think that it won't take me more than a couple days to finish a book unless its something like Pride & Prejudice or Wuthering Heights wihich both took me about two weeks to finish.
Creativity is the ability to produce ideas that are both novel and valuable. I think that depending on what the subject is I can be creative. When it comes to writing fictional stories I often am good at coming up with ideas because i enjoy writing fiction immensly. And I need to be able to think creatively in theis field because i want to be employed as an author. The more creative I can be the more likely my future books, articles, or whatever will be published.
The most interesting think I learned about Intelligence in Chapter 10 was the little bit about stereotype threat, where, when performing a task such as testing, black people would test more poorly when given a test by whites and females would score higher when there were no male test takers. This shows that when you are in around people that make you inferior or just uncomfortable, that it can somewhat inhibit your ability to take a test, which is already a grueling enough task.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

As humans, we tend to be more overconfident more often than not. I know exactly where you are coming from when you're talking about your Calculus class, the same is for me in my College English class. However, I cannot let this get the best of me, I need to continue to do all of my work to the best of my ability. I also am overconfident with my readings. Whenever I really get into a book, I can finish it within a couple of days. I like force myself to stay up at night to find out what happens next, then all of a sudden I am done! I find it interesting, but totally true, that different sexes or races would feel uncomfortable with other sexes or races around them in instances, such as taking a test.
ReplyDelete