I believe that research is important because research is how we learn and discover. It tells us precisley how certain things came to be and how they function and why they are important. Research can confirm our beliefs and solve problems.
Research is vital for many things in my life especially papers. As a senor in two english classes I must write two reserch paper which, as the name of the paper suggests, requires a lot of research. Also because I will be applying to college soon, researching different majors/minors schoolorship options and the programs that the universities offer is essential.
I read the article "How Long to Form a Habit?" which discussed how long it took to form a habit, obviously. It said that t depended on how determined you were and what the habit was. I think this relates to me because habits like excercising are healthy and it helped me understand why I can't make excersise a habit as easily as others.
One thing I learned about was the Placebo effect. It amazed me how we could be tricked into curing ourselves. You could be told that a "medicine" would remedy your ailment but really all it was was sugar pills.
Another thing I learned was about illusionary correlation. It seemed a tad bit similar to the Placebo effect to me. I can relate because I always try to find patterns in things in my life.
The final thing I learned about was naturalistic observations. Everyday I find myself using this on my little sister whom I take care of. I observe and learn her behavior so I can easily take cre of her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I totally agree that research is very important, especially for students who have to write papers. The placebo effect peaked my interest also... it's funny how our minds can dictate things to our body when they aren't actually true.
ReplyDelete